Pages

Friday 17 January 2014

Monarch Flight

 Monarch Flight


This drawing was done many years ago , one of my first drawings with a pen.  This is a stippling technique , which for those that are unfamiliar with the technique , it is dot after dot after dot. I added color to it with colored pencil. This was , at the time, an experimentation  to mix the two mediums.    The pen work was time consuming but the technique of stippling perfect for the subject .

 This is an 8 x 10 acrylic painting with  the addition of rice paper collage .  I must use the same reference or just love the  orange/yellow color scheme.  This is a particular favorite  of mine.


These are samples of adapting the design from my painting to fabric bags, hand painted. 
 Finally I am taking this design and adapting it to this initially plain wooden stool. The stool is in the very early stages but I think it will look quite nice when finished. It is my Friday Decorative painting project. :)


This Monarch has definitely taken flight .



No comments:

Post a Comment