Pages

Tuesday 24 May 2016

Keeping the Balance





A simple collage but fun all the same.

Keeping the balance  of trying to maintain the excitement felt when creating art and yet make it as necessary as brushing teeth. In other words don't wait for inspiration  but make the routine of painting feed an existing source of inspiration.  I follow through social media some  very successful artists and what I see is that they make sure that they are at the drawing board daily. I admit to struggling with that, balancing the pull I feel in other directions.

I read an article The Painter's Primer by Irwin Greenberg  and the first line is "Paint Everyday". Of course there were 100 words of advice but this was the first.  So we Paint everyday.

 Today I am running an Art Therapy Group which is a source of great pleasure  for myself and the group and an opportunity to challenge my own creativity in designing a  particular group format.





I am excited by recent Jewellery designs, painting Bangles.  I want to take my time with them. Another tip "Throw yourself into each painting heart and soul" and this includes painting Bangles.  So instead of quick designs , take my time to explore unique and interesting patterns and challenge myself.

Have a wonderful Day! Balance your energy and make time to Paint! 
.

4 comments:

  1. I really like all these pieces but especially the bangles - so cheerful and colourful! I like the advice to 'paint every day' too but it sure doesn't take long to run out of places to put finished art - lol. Have a great evening Joanne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true lol As my children move out I take over their rooms.

      Delete
  2. so cheerful and colourful! I like the advice to 'paint every day' too but it sure doesn't take long to run out of places to put finished art - lol.


    goldenslot

    gclub online

    ReplyDelete