Pages

Thursday 7 July 2016

Early Mornings






"Dreamer"  
Colour Pencil

Photo credit : Hayley Lang 


Drawing of my daughter Natasha , who is a dreamer, full of possibility , endless imagination and an old soul.  Someone who embraces life...enjoys life....a wood nymph roaming through the forest, a triathlete taking on physical challenges, a caregiver of young children including a young brother who is her best friend and who adores her, and an empathetic soul. One  who has supported  a family member , struggling through the challenges of  cancer and never left her side.  



        There is nothing sweeter than waking up early and capturing the sunrise and embracing the early morning silence  that is soon  filled with the chatter of birds as they wake up. I like to savour  my coffee and contemplate life. I am a dreamer as well  and I love it because I love all the possibilities. Will all theses dreams come to fruition? Not likely but they inspire hope, the concept of no boundaries and they give wings to a creative soul.

     I am a quiet person who can be lost in her thoughts. I am an introvert which  I embrace as it is how I energise myself. I used to feel bad about being quiet, shy, alone,  but I now appreciate it is just who I am and maybe this is why art and creativity is a necessary part of my life. A moment to be by myself, recharging and allow my imagination or ideas to spill out onto a canvas.

The Sun is Shining
My soul is free, 
The sky is limitless, 
Full of possibilities

I pick up a brush
An empty canvas
Fearful yet exhilarated
The unknown
With each stroke of paint
A line in a story

A story with defined edges
We know how this will end
A story that is so complicated
We push away to rethink

A story that makes us smile
Simple and heart-warming
A story that carves deep scars
requiring the utmost of care to survive

A story that is whimsical, 
The paintbrush dancing across the canvas
A story full of passion
The brush strokes bold and expressive 



Have a wonderful day! Embrace the person you  are and appreciate that there is always  more  then what we see on the surface: the tip of an iceberg.  Each person has a story, it may sound cliche but it is a saying I often refer to :


"You'll never really know someone till you walk a mile in their shoes"






No comments:

Post a Comment