Pages

Wednesday 15 June 2016

Plein Air Painting

Plein Air Painting

Maybe this is the summer to explore Plein Air Painting. I will be working with the APHTK this summer, in Temiscaming , on Thursdays : Art in the Park. This is  part of an art in community program and although specific to this group open for people to join in or come watch. It is not an art class but an opportunity for the group to explore different mediums, explore working in open spaces  (this will be fun)  and feel empowered through their own creativity. We will have fun! Samples of work that they have done already.




         









Aside from our Thursday outings I would like to start some Plein Air Painting for myself to work on lighting and spontaneity and my drawing/painting skills.  So what are the challenges??? Well we know living here, the biggest challenge to outdoor activities is the BUGS!




Black flies, mosquitoes, no-can- see'ems, horseflies, deer flies and these miniature flies(don't know what they are called but they bite..usually later in the season) and any other????? Think that is enough anyway.  So if you can handle those, the  next challenge would be the WEATHER.I am not set up to paint in the rain so I won't, although...there is something so magical about a misty rain...but also magical right after a rainfall. Maybe i need something like this.

















 Next challenge , SUPPLIES....need equipment that is portable.


I'll work on that.  Final challenge.Having PEOPLE WITNESS YOUR BLUNDERS on canvas...not everyone knows how art goes through the stages of the good , the bad and the ugly...hopefully to return to the Fabulous!




 I have had a few opportunities to have people watch as I paint...it can be difficult but I am trying to get used to it and not let it stop me from doing what I would like to do.


So maybe you will see me out there while on your walk: maybe in the Park, on the Bike Path, by the Falls or in my own front yard painting up a storm. Drop by , say Hello and be kind if the painting is in that dreaded "Ugly" stage...trust that it will resurface as a masterpiece...maybe :)

Have a Super Day

No comments:

Post a Comment